UPS- Cuenca Undergraduate Programs
Degree: Mechanical Engineer
Study Mode: Full Time On Campus
University branch: Cuenca and Quito
Duration: 10 semesters
The aim of this major is to prepare mechanical engineers with human and academic excellence based on values, principles, ethics, fairness, freedom, kindness, and ecological awareness. These professionals will be capable of solving our society's problems through research, organization, surpervision, maintenance, quality improvement, productivity and competitiveness. They can transfer technologies to systems, machines, and production lines as well as plan, advise, organize, supervise, and administer workers, and companies in order to improve our country's development.
The role future professionals will play, as well as their functions, fall within the primary, secondary and tertiary sectors of the economy, in the primary sector, by obtaining raw material through sustainable exploitation of oil and mining resources that will benefit the economy, considering mid and long term mitigation plans. In the secondary sector, through design, research and innovation, technology transfer and disaggregation, optimization of productive processes and the development of new materials, therefore modernizing the country's production. In the tertiary sector, which produces services, the subsectors where mechanical engineering can be applied are: trade, transport, communications, finance, tourism, public administration, safety, health and education.
Additionally, future professionals in mechanical engineering will operate in the small, medium and big industry, whether public or private, in fields such as:
- Design processes, production of parts and machines in companies like: Continental Tyres, General Motors, Omnibuses, BB, Metaltronic, Aymesa, Indufrance, and others, where they need innovative engineers to create products that can be accepted not only nationally but internationally by using IT packages
- Fields of research, development, innovation and technification at an industrial or educational level, where mechanical engineers are required so that through research they can provide added value to products and thus be innovative, applying industrial automation.
- Maintenance management, in industrial areas and services such as: food, transportation, medicine, and others. Professionals who can apply good production practices and quality management systems to improve current manufacturing processes.
- Development and application of standards for: the industrial sector, INEN performance institutions, oil companies, private entities.
- The efficient use of renewable energy sources, such as: wind, solar, geothermal, tidal, by participating in the construction of new hydroelectric, geothermal plants and others, which will help the country's energy and economic development, applying it to the National Plan of Good Living 2013 - 2017.
- Administration, supervision, advice, consultancy and management of production processes.
- Improve the domestic production of components and mechanical systems, the transfer and disaggregation of technology, for which research should be applied to solve problems that arise.
- Teaching and research in higher education
Mechanical Engineering Director
Luis Eduardo Garzón Muñoz
- PhD in Physical Sciences and Material Sciences
- Master's degree in Biophysics
Telephone number: (7)2862213 ext. 1359
|ABAD FARFAN GABRIELA BLANCAfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|CARDENAS TAPIA JUAN ALCIDESemail@example.com|
|CHERREZ AVILA IVAN MARCELOfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|FAJARDO SEMINARIO JORGE ISAACemail@example.com|
|GARZON MUÑOZ LUIS EDUARDOfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|GUAMAN BUESTAN ADRIANA DEL PILARemail@example.com|
|JARA COBOS NELSON GUSTAVOfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|LOPEZ LOPEZ LUIS MARCELOemail@example.com|
|MEJIA REGALADO IVAN ALEJANDROfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|NAIDIUK OLENA LEONIDIVNAemail@example.com|
|ÑAUTA ÑAUTA ADRIAN EUGENIOfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|REINOSO AVECILLAS FRAN ZHOVANIemail@example.com|
|SANCHEZ LOJA RENE VINICIOfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|TORRES JARA PAUL BOLIVARemail@example.com|
|ZUMBA RIVERA RENE FRANCISCOfirstname.lastname@example.org|