Student services is an administrative department in Universidad Politecnica Salesiana which is in charge of creating activities, projects, programs, polices and regulations specifically in favor of the development and well-being of the diverse student population. Its job is based on the Organic Law of Higher Education and the four principles of Salesian teaching: community environment, cultural mediation, commitment, community involvement and personal accompaniment.
Phone: 072 862213 ext. 1159
Opening Hours: Monday to Friday from 8:00am to 12:30pm and from 2:00pm to 8:00pm; Saturdays from 9:00am to 11:30am
Lcda. Mónica Castro
Phone: 042 590630 ext. 4413
Opening Hours: Monday to Friday from9:00am to 13:00pm and from 15:00pm to 19:00pm
Phone: 023 962900 ext. 2166
- Campus El Girón: Monday to Friday from 8:00am to 1:30pm and from 2:00pm to 7:00pm
- Campus Sur: Monday to Friday from 8:00am to 1:30pm and from 2:30pm to 6:00pm
- Campus Kennedy: Monday to Friday from 2:00pm to 9:00pm, Saturday from 8:00am to 1:00pm
Best high school graduate: Aimed at the best high school graduates
Dignity for the disabled: Is part of the Univesity's inclusion program, and it offers the permanent entry and attendance of disabled people
Academic Achievement: Acknowledges students' excellents grades, virtues, contribution and service to society.
Social Equality: Students who fall into socioeconomic quintiles 1, 2, 3, or 4 will get a scholarship according to the differentiated tuition system.
University Representatives: Acknowledges the efforts and the results obtained by students who represent the University in the academic, science, culture, sports or sociopolitical field, nationally or internationally.
Special Scholarships: Aimed at students who come from vulnerable areas.
CERS: Student Loan Program with Social Responsibility
CERS is a student loan program based on social responsibility. It is aimed at students who despite having a scholarship for differentiated tuition cannot continue or end their university studies.
Read the General Regulations for CERS
This program gives UPS students and alumni the opportunity to find suitable jobs in several institutions, companies or organizations within the country. It allows students to find jobs that match their abilities, thus increasing employment rates.
Medical and Psychological Attention
UPS offers its students timely and professional psychological and medical attention that cares for their physical and mental health.
- Campus El Girón: Centro Psicológico P. Emilio Gambirasio Attention Hours: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Firday from 9am to 1pm and from 2:00pm to 6:00pm. On Thursdays from 2pm to 6pm
- Campus Sur: Hospital Un Canto a la Vida, Padre José Carollo
- Campus Kennedy: Centro Médico Pilar de Tarré. Attention Hours: Monday to Friday 8:30am to 12:30pm and from 2:30pm to 5:30pm
- University Medical Dispensary
- Attention Hours: Monday to Friday 2pm to 4pm and from 6pm to 8pm
- Doctor in charge: Dr. Claudio Chazi Moscoso
- Phone number: 072 862213 ext. 1223
- Email: email@example.com
- Hospital Fundación Municipal la Mujer y el Niño: Special Discounts
- Read the inter-institutional cooperation agreement between Universidad Politécnica Salesiana-Cuenca and the Fundación Municipal de la Mujer y el Niño de Cuenca
- Campus El Girón: Centro Médico "María Auxiliadora Attention Hours: Monday to Friday from 8am to 1pm and 2pm to 6pm
- Campus Sur: Hospital Un Canto a la Vida, Padre José Carollo e Instituto Tierra Nueva.
- Campus Kennedy: Centro Médico Pilar de Tarré Attention Hours: Monday to Friday from 8:30am to 12:30pm and 2:30pm to 5:30pm
- University Medical Dispensary
- Opening Hours: Monday to Friday from 8am to 10pm
- Doctor in charge: Dr. Jorge Salgado Insuaste
- Phone number: 042 590630 Ext. 4437
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The coverage until May 2015 is as follows:
|Coverage||Amount in USD|
|Accidental Death orAccidental dismemberment||4000,00|
|Permanent disability caused by an accident||4000,00|
|Vision, hearing or voice loss||4000,00|
|Medica expenses due to an accident||2500,00|
|Dental expenses due to an accident||400,00|
|Funeral expenses due to an accident||1500,00|
|Ambulance expensed due to an accident||400,00|
|Deducible for medical expenses due to an accident||5,00|
|Grant given to the student in case the student's mother of father suffers an accidental death.||5000,00|
|Serious illnesses (cáncer, stroke, heart attack, bypass coronary artery surgery, renal transplant) (as long as the illness is diagnosed for the first time during the term of the policy)||2000,00|
|Hospital credit due to an emergency||YES|
To learn more about the Accidents Insurance contact the Student Services department at every campus.
Socioeconomic Form for differentiated tuition
Universidad Politecnica Salesiana is a co-financed private university and just as other similar universities it annually receives an important sum of money intended to subsidize student tuitions. Until recently the only criterion used for granting the subsidies has been the high school the students had attended, but experience has made us realize that this criterion is not enough to guarantee an equal distribution of resources. Therefore, UPS has determined to use more information to create a differentiated subsidy system which is fair and in accordance with the socioeconomic situation of the families of each student.
Furthermore, the new Organic law of higher Education states in Art. 90 that "to charge students for the costs of their university studies, private higher education institutions shall try to establish a differentiated system of costs that takes into account every student´s socioeconomic situation." By means of the socioeconomic form for differentiated tuitions, Universidad Politecnica Salesiana aims to fulfill the principle of equal opportunities.
However, it is important to mention that the information provided by the students who are already studying in the University will be solely used for statistical purposes and the university will respect the payment system they already have. Nevertheless, the institution will process and verify that the information provided is truthful. If it is not, the applicant will have the corresponding administrative sanctions.
The new system of costs based on the socioeconomic form for differentiated tuitions will only be used for new students, i.e. for those students registering for the first time for the May-September 2011 semester in UPS- Guayaquil and for the September 2011-February 2012 semester in UPS-Quito and Cuenca.
"After completing the socioeconomic form, come hand it in at the Student Services department. Come with your parents or legal representative."