GIIT Transportation Engineering Research Group
Transportation is a fundamental activity in society; therefore it is paramount to have optimal transport systems for citizens.
Current studies and tendencies focus on increasing a vehicle's performance by designing lightweight or ultra light cars. In this regard, there are also intelligent controls capable of turning a car into a self-driving vehicle and finding parking spaces automatically, all this to reduce the environmental footprint at the lowest cost possible.
With the purpose of fostering research in transportation engineering and according to the abovementioned remarks, we created the Transportation Engineering Research Group (GIIT, in Spanish) in order to generate a positive impact in society by conducting research that will develop and generate innovative knowledge in transportation engineering, with a particular focus in mechanical engineering.
- Conduct researh projects and studies for transportation companies, which will generate employment, income and enrichning experiences for professors and students.
- Collect, classify, analyze and disseminate information that can be used by professors and students for the teaching – learning process.
- Help position the automotive mechanical engineering major nationally and regionally as an academic leader.
- Create leadership and participation skills in research programs, projects and networks in the field of transportation through a multidisciplinary team.
- Adopt new technologies to assess the transportation system.
Lines of Research
- Energy efficiency and environmental pollution
- Environmental, social and regional impacts of transportation
- Planning transportation, safety and management of mobility
- Automotive maintenance engineering
- Automotive mechanical design
- Correo: email@example.com
ENERGY EFFICIENCY AND ENVIRONMENTAL POLLUTION
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email: email@example.com
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email: email@example.com
ENVIRONMENTAL, SOCIAL AND REGIONAL IMPACTS OF TRANSPORTATION
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email: email@example.com
Juan Pablo Montero
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email: email@example.com
PLANNING TRANSPORTATION, SAFETY AND MANAGEMENT OF MOBILITY
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email: email@example.com
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email: email@example.com
AUTOMOTIVE MAINTENANCE ENGINEERING
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email: email@example.com
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
AUTOMOTIVE MECHANICAL DESIGN
Jónatan Pozo Palacios
- Email: email@example.com
Marco Amaya P.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email: email@example.com
Wilson Calle G.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mary Vergara PhD
- Email: email@example.com
Grover Zurita PhD
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org