Undergraduate programs in Quito
Resolution from the Higher Education Council (CES): RPC-SO-30-No.534-2016
Degree: Telecommunications engineer
Study mode: On Campus
University branches: Cuenca - Quito - Guayaquil
Duration: 10 semesters
Educate professionals with solid scientific, technological and socio economic knowledge in the field of telecommunications. Professionals will have the ability to undertake and lead projects in their area, adapt to technological evolution and always operate with social, ethical and environmental responsibility.
A professional in this area:
- Understands the different scientific and technological principles that support the processes of capturing, transmitting, representing, processing, storing, receiving, managing and presenting information efficiently in telecommunications systems, networks and services, and is capable of learning new methods and technologies, as well as adapting to new situations and the rapid evolution of this sector.
- Knows and understands the existing legal framework in the field of telecommunications and apply it during his / her professional activities
- Knows and understands the basic principles of economy, human resource management, project planning and organization in the field of telecommunications.
- Designs, analyzes, implements and manages a system or process in the field of engineering and telecommunication services in order to comply with the required specifications
- Design, deploy, organize and manage networks, systems, services and telecommunications infrastructure in residential, business or institutional contexts, taking responsibility for their operations and continuous improvement, as well as their economic and social impact.
- Apply techniques that support telecommunications networks and services in terms of management, signaling, switching, routing, security, traffic, pricing, reliability and quality of services, both in mobile and fixed networks, in personal and local environments
- Evaluate the advantages and disadvantages of different technological alternatives for the implementation of systems, networks and telecommunications services and its application in the work environment.
- Analyze and evaluate the social and environmental impact of the technical solutions
Workplaces: Public and private companies, NGO, own business
Depending on the work scenario, this professional will carry out the following functions and roles: Administration, Teaching-Research, Knowledge Integration, Planning, Social Management of Knowledge, Assistance, Logistics, Operators and / or Maintenance. Roles: Diagnoses, organizes, plans, directs, controls, evaluates, reports, experiments, develops, innovates, catalogs ancestral knowledge, designs process, simulates and formulates Telecommunication systems, gender integration, relays generations, integrates ethnic knowledge, Dialogue of knowledge.