Applied Mathematics Research Group
¿Who are we?
The Applied Mathematics Research Group (GIIMA for its acronym in Spanish) focuses on the interdisciplinary study of scientific problems and the use of mathematical methods to find the solution. The problems derive from several knowledge areas, with transdisciplinary lines of research. The research group is made up by full time UPS professors-researchers in Guayaquil and their goals are focused on responsible and ethical research. The studies respond to primary problems within the "Good Life" Policies and changes in the country's production model.
The GIIMA research group follows a great humanistic, academic and scientific vision. We foster ethical-professional values, teamwork and commitment to the country's problems. Our main disposition is to help strengthen research, education and scientific production in the university.
GIIMA's mission statement is based on teamwork and is focused on the application of mathematical methods for the solution of problems derived from several knowledge areas. The group wishes to develop knowledge related to every science and contribute to scientific production in our university.
On the other hand, group work will enhance skills in solving specific scientific problems, in the publication of scientific results, as well as scientific collaboration among other research groups. Additionally, GIIMA will provide spaces for undergraduate research, to contribute to their academic and professional education.
Lines of research
• Entrepreneurship and innovation
• Evaluative research and education
• Control engineering and automation technologies
• Optimization of energy and renewable energy
• Production organization and technological innovation
• Computer systems and artificial intelligence
Other lines of research:
• Biology systems applied to the production of biofuels
• Development of bioinformatics applications.
Mathematical methods applied to energy studies
• Renewable energies
• Energy efficiency models
Mathematical methods applied to engineering
• Heat transfer problems
• Molecular system dynamics
• Modeling the transport of gases and aerosols.
• Prevention of occupational hazards and quality assurance
Mathematical Modeling with Statistical Techniques and Multicriterion.
• Development of metaheuristics
• Decision making in economic problems
• Decision making in environmental problems
• Decision making in business administration
• Decision making in educational management
Julián Triana Dopico PhD
- e-mail: email@example.com
Julián Triana Dopico
Nadia Mercedes Mendieta Villalba
Tania Catalina Rojas Párraga
Laura Leonor Garces Villon
Johanna Paola Founes Merchán
Ana Fabiola Terán Alvarado
Luis Daniel Caamaño Gordillo
Christian Reinaldo Granda Añazco
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Google Scholar
Gustavo Ricardo Quintero Cuero