Communication students talked about journalistic cultures in Ecuador.
On November 24th, the communication undergraduate program in Guayaquil held a conference titled "Journalistic Cultures in Ecuador". The aim of the conference was to talk about the work of communication and the future of journalism in the country.
"The events that take place in the university seek to get students involved and encourage them to carry out research for their own professional growth", said Katiuska Flores, director of the communication program.
Students attended 4 conferences:
- The future of journalism: a metamorphosis of journalism in Ecuador
- Training of social communicators and journalists in Ecuador
- Journalism- another Latin American
- Pre-professional journalistic culture in Ecuador
The speakers were:
- Ph.D Martín Oller, former researcher of the Prometeo de la SENESCYT program.
- MSc. María Isabel Punín, professor and researcher at Universidad Técnica Particular de Loja (UTPL)
- Dr. María Cruz Tornay Márquez, member of the editing committee of Revista Pueblos (Spain)
- MSc. Niurys Viera Hernández, professor at Universidad Técnica de Babahoyo
During the conference they officially launched books written by Ph.D Martín Oller:
- "Análisis Orgánico Multinivel de la Cultura Periodística del Ecuador: Perfil, situación y percepción profesional de los periodistas" co written by Palmira Chavero, Julia Carrillo, Patricio Cevallos, Jorge Cruz Silva, Edith Ortega, María Isabel Punín, Susan Escobar, Jorge Rodríguez and Katiuska Flores, the latter three are professors at UPS - Guayaquil.
- "Del dicho al hecho: percepción y desempeño profesional de los periodistas de prensa escrita en Ecuador",
Go to UPS News